Why Pre-Finished Timber & Bamboo Flooring?
1. A timber or bamboo floor that is installed in days, not weeks
2. You can walk on your new floor the same day
- Traditional timber floors require acclimitisation that generally takes 2-6 weeks plus a sanding and coating process that takes another 1-2 weeks. This can be quite inconvenient to most home owners.
- In new home situations, where the flooring is often the last trade to be completed, you can get into your new home sooner avoiding additional rental costs or bridging finance (or having to spend longer living with the mother-in-law!).
3. No dust associated with the sanding process
- If you are renovating your home, you do not need to move out and find short term accommodation. You also have the ability to move your furniture from one area back onto the completed section of flooring as the installation occurs. This makes it easier for you to manage your life around the installation process.
4. No strong smells or solvents associated with the coating process
- Despite of claims of being a dust-free process, the sanding and coating of timber and bamboo flooring will always create some dust.
5. Harder, more durable coating that is more resistant to scratching
- If you are concerned about the effects of strong chemicals or solvents in your home, then prefinished flooring would be the ideal solution for you.
6. No fine swirl marks or dust in the coating
- By the coating our flooring in the factory we can use highly sophisticated technologies and worls-leading coating systems which cannot be applied in the home.
7. Consistent gloss level and finish
- As stated in the Australasian Timber Flooring Association (ATFA) guide to consumers, "a degree of contamination in the final coat is unavoidable" and "swirl marks are caused by rotary sanders and to some degree will be present in all floors". Both of these issues are avoided by using Bamboozle's prefinished timber & bamboo flooring.
8. Ability to grade the quality and colour of the flooring before installation to get a premium looking floor every time
- When coating the floorboards in the factory we have complete control over the coating environment. This is not possible when coating in the home. This issue is recognised by the ATFA who state "differing conditions in the dwelling at the time of curing can result in gloss variation". There can also be issues with "rejection" of the polish after coating. This can give an orange-peel effect and can occur in timbers that contain a high level of natural oils and resins, or if the timber has been contaminated with certain chemicals before coating.
9. Better resistance to moisture and spills as the board is sealed on all surfaces, not just the top
- It is very difficult to accurately grade the quality and colour of flooring before it is coated with polish. Often boards that look only slightly darker when laid become very obvious after the polish is applied. But by this stage it is too late to make any changes.
10. Easier to replace individually damaged floorboards, no need to recoat the entire floor
- By manufacturing and coating our floorboards in a factory environment, we can protect all surfaces with coating. This does two things: 1) maintains the equilibrium moisture content of the flooring which is specifically set for Perth conditions which minimises shrinkage or expansion in the home; 2) helps protect the floor from moisture ingress including spills.
11. No nail holes in your floor
- In the event that one or more floorboards get damaged if you have a prefinished floor from Bamboozle we can easily replace those damaged boards. For a floor that has been coated in the home, these small repairs will require the whole floor to be sanded and recoated after the affected area is replaced. It is not possible to just coat a small repaired section of floor to match the original floor.
12. Less damage to your floor from other trades
- The prefinished flooring from Bamboozle is straight and flat which means we don't need to use nails to hold the floor down or stop it moving.
13. Your floor matches what you chose in the showroom
- Because a prefinshed floor can be installed in days and beady to walk on immediately, it can be left to the very end of the building or renovating process. This allows all other trades to be completed before we start to install your new floor, minimising the risk of damage to your beautiful new floor.
- By managing the quality, colour and coating in the factory means we can deliver a product consistent to what you have slected when visiting the showroom. Unfortunately, with solid timber flooring that is coated in the home there are too many site variations that make it very difficult to achieve the same look and finish as a showroom.