Eastern States Blackbutt Flooring Perth, WA
- Rose Jarrah Flooring Perth, WA
- Spotted Gum Flooring Perth, WA
Eastern States Blackbutt [Eucalyptus pilularis]
A light timber, Eastern States Blackbutt provides a very contemporary feel. It can deliver a great impression of space. Blackbutt offers versatility with a wide variety of colours in home decor.
As the name suggests, Eastern States Blackbutt comes from the Eastern Coast of Australia, and be further categorised as Coastal Blackbutt or New England Blackbutt. Bamboozle only uses Coastal Blackbutt which has a nicer grade and colour tone, and has fewer darker boards and insect marks that the New England Blackbutt. Bamboozle timber sources are Australian Forestry Standard (AFS) and PEFC accredited.
- A strong, durable hardwood, Blackbutt is ideal for flooring applications.
- It offers durability, versatility and adaptability.
- The warmth, strength and natural beauty of Blackbutt has proven enduringly popular in a wide variety of interior settings. Bamboozle specialise in Coastal Blackbutt from NSW due to its cleaner and lighter appearance.
- Colours range from golden yellow to pale brown. Sometimes, it may have a slight pinkish colour. It has an even texture and is generally straight grained. There is some gum vein present, but not overpowering.
- Harder than Jarrah, Blackbutt rates 9.1KN on the Janka scale.
- Blackbutt flooring can be stained, painted or polished.
- Blackbutt is an excellent plantation timber due to its versatility and speed of growth.
- The name came from the tree's appearance after bushfires where the buttress - or butt - was significantly darkened.
- Coastal Blackbutt - also known as NSW Blackbutt - is different to the tableland species and is sometimes known as New England Blackbutt. There is also a Western Australian species that is softer in density and a different tone altogether.